At CMH Regional Health System, we are committed to maintaining a culture of service excellence. Service excellence means striving to be the best we can be – as individual employees and as an organization. It means providing the very highest level of clinical care, putting quality and patient safety above all else. And it means treating our customers, including patients, families, physicians, co-workers and outside contacts with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Welcome people in a warm, personal but professional way.
- Greet others in hallways, elevators and at workstations with a kind word or smile.
- Offer words of kindness to communicate understanding.
- Assist people in finding their way.
- Make eye contact: introduce yourself and explain purpose.
- Personalize conversations by using names.
- Listen carefully; do not interrupt; give people your full attention.
- End each encounter with a warm and positive comment.
- Respect privacy and dignity.
- Knock and wait for a response before entering areas.
- Use a quiet respectful tone of voice at all times.
- Discuss confidential or sensitive information about patients, employees, physicians or hospital business only with those having a valid need to know and do so privately; never any public places.
- Be tolerant of cultural differences.
- Offer information on procedures, tests and processes.
- Invite questions and comments.
- Speak English or the language of the person being helped, when providing patient care or assisting others.
- Arrange for interpretation services when needed.
- Respond quickly to a request for help.
- Provide the service or information requested, or find someone who can.
- Provide a time frame for providing service and explain any delays.
- Take responsibility for improving processes and systems.
- Work as a member of the system-wide team; be aware of others' duties and perform duties in a way that makes it easier for others to perform theirs.
- Follow through meeting deadlines and keeping promises.
- Work with others to address complaints, frustrations and service problems.
- Present a positive image. Follow CMH's Appearance Standard Guidelines as well as those of assigned work areas.
- Wear name badge or nametag so that name is clearly visible at all times while on duty.
- Limit eating, drinking and smoking to designated areas.
- Avoid personal conversations with coworkers when providing patient care or other customer service.
- Make no inappropriate or negative comments about patients, co-workers, physicians, or any part of CMH Regional Health System in the presence or within hearing of any internal or external customer.
- Demonstrate pride in CMH by keeping areas clean and safe.
- Follow appropriate telephone guidelines.
I acknowledge the above are CMH Regional Health System's standards for customer excellence and further understand these behavioral standards are expected of every CMH employee. I understand that I will be accountable and am willing to exhibit these standards through every customer encounter should I be offered a position of employment with CMH Regional Health System.