Tri-County Medical Imaging and OPEN MRI
Tri-County Medical Imaging and OPEN MRI offers a quiet, truly open design to help eliminate the apprehension and discomforts associated with closed MRI. OPEN MRI is ideal for patients with noise sensitivity, claustrophobia, anxiety and larger body types.
In addition to an open magnetic resonance imaging machine (MRI), Tri-County has x-ray, ultrasound and CT scanner equipment. Radiologist Dr. Timothy Klostermeier is the medical director.
The staff is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and confident that patients will find exams to be a comfortable experience.
In general, there are no special preparations to follow before an MRI exam. Because MRI uses a strong magnetic field, metal objects will interfere with the scan. For your convenience, we provide a locker to store personal items. We ask that you wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing, but you may be asked to change.
When scheduling your appointment, please alert the imaging staff and technologists if any from this list apply to you:
- recent surgery
- metal staples or clips
- metallic implants
- dental bridges
- inferior vena cava filter
- artificial heart valves
- hearing aid
- history as a metal worker
- other issues believed to be relevant
Please remember to bring the prescription you received from your doctor as well as your insurance information. This should include any pre-authorizations you may have received.
All MRI examinations are interpreted by board-certified and fellowship trained radiologists. Results are available within 24 hours.
- From Hillsboro: Take SR 73 North until it dead ends into SR 22 and US 3 and turn left. Tri-County is on the right in the Meadow Park Plaza.
- From Washington Court House: Take SR 22 and US 3 west into Wilmington. Tri-County is on the right in Meadow Park Plaza.
- From Greenfield: Take SR 28 west into New Vienna. Turn right onto SR 73 north until it dead ends into SR 22 and 3 and turn left. Tri-County is on the right in the Meadow Park Plaza.